What You Need to Know About Food & Beverage Packaging
Food and beverage packaging serves a variety of purposes. In addition to protecting your products during shipping and handling, it serves as a direct interface between your brand and the customer. If designed and constructed properly, the investment can help your business succeed by creating a satisfying product experience for your customers.
The Role of Food and Beverage Packaging in the Consumer Experience
When you select your food and beverage packaging, you determine how your customer experiences your product and brand. Customers are both consciously and subconsciously aware of every facet of your product packaging. It is therefore critical to consider every aspect of the customer’s experience when choosing your packaging, including:
- How easy is it to open? If your packaging is hard to open, customers may move on to another brand that is easier to handle.
- Is the product visible? Many customers want to see what they are getting before they purchase a product.
- Does the product look appealing? Since you want your product to be visible, you also want it to be visually appealing or appetizing.
- How much product is in the container? Customers want to feel like they are getting their money’s worth, so the packaging should make the product appears to have good value.
- Can the packaging keep the product fresh? Packaging that maintains the quality of the product helps keep customers happy.
- Will the product break or stay whole? Good packaging should protect products from damage during shipping and handling.
- Was the product contaminated? The health and safety of customers are paramount, which is why it is critical to ensure that your packaging materials and processes are selected with care.
Key Factors of Packaging for the Food and Beverage Industry
Choosing the right packaging for your food and beverage products can be challenging since each product has different packaging requirements. The five main factors to consider when selecting food and beverage packaging are:
- Product protection. Packaging should protect products.
- Product safety. Packaging should be safe for/ensure the safety of consumers.
- Product freshness/shelf life. Packaging should keep food fresh.
- Brand identity. Packaging should promote the company that offers the product.
- Packaging appeal. Packaging should align with the retail eye-tracking and merchandising strategy of the company.
Types of Food and Beverage Packaging Designs
Food and beverage packaging can be designed in many ways to suit different product and company needs. Common designs include:
- Clear plastic printed boxes
- Plastic point-of-purchase (POP) packaging displays and dispensers
- Hybrid paper plastic box combination
- Windowed paperboard package
- Promotional & club packaging
- Interactive packaging
Food and Beverage Packaging Solutions From Printex Transparent Packaging
The packaging of food and beverage products should provide more than just protection. It should also maintain the quality of the product, tells its story, and highlight the brand.
At Printex Transparent Packaging, we have decades of experience providing high-quality custom transparent food and beverage packaging solutions. We deliver packaging that meets your exact product and marketing needs. To learn more about our capabilities, contact us today. To get started on your solution, request a quote.