Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Personal protective equipment, or PPE, has become a part of our daily lives. However, the increased use of disposable masks has led to a better understanding among consumers of the environmental hazard they pose—some are composed of non-biodegradable and non-recyclable dense thermoplastic.
To better protect the general population, reusable PPE should be used in daily interactions, while leaving surgical masks for health or frontline workers, and the more vulnerable population such as people over the age of 60.
Printex Transparent Packaging is proud to deliver high-quality plastic personal protective equipment to defend against COVID-19 and other dangerous airborne viruses and bacteria. Our team wants to do our part to help those suffering from the outbreak.
Our PPE utilizes everything that makes our packaging so effective, and we are dedicated to working with our customers to precisely meet their needs. We use high-quality, optically clear, and distortion-free PET recyclable plastic that is cost-efficient while providing effective personal protection. We produce a Certified Class 1 Medical Device Face Shield with a Medical Device Establishment License (MDEL) 12157 and our PPE protection products range from student desk shields to safety bump cap face shields.
The Importance of Personal Protective Equipment
There are many types of PPE in the workplace, from harnesses to hard hats, ear plugs, goggles, and respiratory protection. However, the most popular PPE today is equipment that helps prevent the spread of germs, like masks, face shields, and desk barriers. While this has always been important in a medical setting to protect both patients and health care providers, it has become essential nearly everywhere, from the grocery store to the bank and the gym.
Personal protective equipment is crucial for several reasons:
- Reduce Risk of Injury: Depending on the equipment, PPE can protect you from falling objects or flying debris, stop you from falling off the edge of a building, protect you from germs, or prevent you from getting chemical burns.
- Increase Respiratory Protection: Masks can protect the wearer from inhaling particles that may cause illness, as well as help prevent the spread of communicable diseases to others
- Reduce Risk of Spreading Germs: Disposable gloves and gowns are used in hospitals and laboratories to avoid spreading germs from one place (and one person) to another. PPE plastic shields can also reinforce physical distance between people while offering a protective barrier.
Types of Personal Protective Equipment
It’s imperative to have the right PPE in the workplace or or other situations where physical distancing is difficult. When it comes to PPE plastic shields, there are different styles that are suitable for various circumstances:
- Clear Face Shields: This plastic personal protective equipment covers the entire face and attaches to an adjustable headband, so the wearer can secure a good fit. Since pathogens can enter the body through mucous membranes, face shields and goggles protect the eyes, and they may provide some respiratory protection as well, particularly when worn with a mask.
- Desk Shields: Though these are not medical devices, they do have PPE safety qualities and offer an extra layer of protection. When used together with masks or face shields, desk shields help reduce the risk of exposure when people get closer together for collaborative projects, such as in schools and offices.
- Clear Face Masks: Traditional cloth or medical masks make it hard to communicate, since you’re unable to read lips or facial expressions through the fabric. Clear face masks offer an extra layer of protection while removing barriers to communication, allowing for both safety and natural human interaction.
- Bump Cap Face Shields: These shields offer the eye and face protection you would find in a regular face shield, these are attached to existing bump caps used in a manufacturing setting. Bump Caps are useful in areas with low-hanging objects or short doorways, and the additional shields protect against particles and splashes, as well. Bump cap face shields are commonly used in meat processing and manufacturing plants, and they can be worn with glasses and/or cloth and surgical masks.
Why Printex Transparent Packaging?
As a personal protective equipment manufacturer, Printex Transparent Packaging offers high-quality PPE to help protect users from COVID-19 and other airborne pathogens. With decades of experience in plastic packaging, we use only optically clear and distortion-free PET recyclable plastics for our PPE safety products, including clear face shields, clear masks, desk shields, and bump caps. This material is cost-efficient, easy to clean, and effective at helping to stop the spread of germs.
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy quick turnarounds and hassle-free shipping. We provide samples, because we want you to get the right products for your circumstances. Request a quote or contact us today to learn more about our personal protective equipment. To learn more about proper PPE usage & safety, please click here.