Schools and businesses have reopened with an increased focus on health and safety. Personal protective equipment (PPE) has become a priority across numerous markets as municipal and commercial organizations seek to keep employees, customers, students, and teachers safe. Given that many diseases are passed through the air via coughs and sneezes, it makes sense to create physical barriers to stop those particles before they reach nearby people. Installing desk shields and sneeze guards provides an effective way to contain the spread of respiratory droplets between workstations and desks.
Why Desk Shields and Sneeze Guards?
Desk shields and sneeze guards are plastic barriers that can be erected on desks, checkout counters, and anywhere else people may find themselves in proximity to one another. It’s important to note these shields are not medical devices and should not replace other forms of PPE, but they do offer a supplemental layer of protection to help prevent the spread of viruses or bacteria.
Desk shields also serve as a visual reminder to maintain social distance and practice good hygiene. It’s a simple, inexpensive step your organization can take to help protect your students, employees, or customers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended the use of physical barriers in schools, particularly when maintaining social distance is difficult.
Our Desk Shields and Sneeze Guards
Printex Transparent Packaging provides plastic desk shields for classrooms as an added layer of protection for students and teachers. These clear shields are easy to use on any surface and have a number of benefits:
- Standard or customized fit. Our desk shields are designed for standard 18″ x 24″ student desks, but we also offer customized solutions for desks and other surfaces that require a different fit.
- Easy to clean. Our clear student desk shields are made of 0.018 Clear PET (18 gauge PET, 450 microns thick), and they can be easily disinfected with most types of cleaners throughout the day.
- Lightweight and portable. Desk shields from Printex Transparent Packaging have die-cut handles, so they can easily be carried from class to class or moved around the room as necessary.
- Stays in place. With the semi-permanent, washable, and reusable adhesive system, the desk shield stays upright and in place on the desk. There’s no concern about knocking it over and no need to alter the desk to use the shield.
- Supports in-class learning. The shields are clear and do not interfere with a student’s ability to see or hear the teacher or fellow students. Students can do collaborative in-person work with their classmates without the risk of direct exposure.
Why Printex Transparent Packaging?
We use high-quality PET recyclable plastic to create optically clear and distortion-free desk shields. These shields provide a cost-effective way to help protect against viruses and bacteria without hindering visual connections between people in the classroom or office. The tri-fold design with die-cut handles make the shields easy to transport.
We have more than 40 years of experience in manufacturing innovative plastic packaging solutions, and we’re committed to customer satisfaction. When you get your desk shields from us, you will benefit from:
- Cost-effectiveness. With an efficient design and economical material, the shields are a cost-effective solution for schools and offices on a budget.
- Simplicity. Our stay-in-place shields offer an easy way to enhance safety in a space without damaging or altering your desks or tables.
- Quick turnaround time. Our experienced team keeps our facilities operating smoothly, and we can fulfill orders quickly.
- Hassle-free shipping, samples, and returns. We make it as easy as possible for you to get the products you need.
At Printex Transparent Packaging, we’re proud to put our decades of manufacturing experience to use in response to the growing need for PPE. From face shields to desk shields and sneeze guards, we can quickly produce the high-quality products you need for enhanced safety in your classroom or office.