What are Gable Boxes?
Gable boxes get their name because of their tops, which form an angular point similar to that of a gable roof. The bottom of these boxes can be either square or rectangular with angled sides that form a triangular top. Gable boxes are available in transparent plastic materials to show off the product inside, or they can come in a variety of colors with custom printing to meet your branding requirements.
Gable boxes are easy to assemble and often incorporate handles, like a doughnut box. These are often referred to as handle boxes or carrier boxes and often have an auto-locking base. However, some gable boxes may not feature handles, such as a milk carton. Common gable box styles include:
- Auto-locking bottom
- Automated full-seal ends
- Greenleaf lock bottom
- Tuck-top/straight tuck
- Straight tuck 1-2-3 bottom
Depending on your particular needs, gable boxes can be constructed from various materials, including clear plastic PET, SBS paperboard, or cardboard.
Gable Box Applications
Gable boxes offer ease of use and versatility. They feature an interesting and unique shape and sometimes include a convenient handle for easy carrying. They can ship flat to take up less space, and with an auto-bottom closure, they quickly pop into place. Because gable boxes can be made from recyclable materials, they offer the added benefit of being eco-friendly, making them a great alternative to Styrofoam food containers, which are not recyclable.
Due to these many advantages, gable boxes are ideal for various applications, including:
- Appealing gift packaging that impresses consumers
- Eco-friendly food containers
- Containers for party favors
- Donut packaging / bakery boxes
- Food takeout containers
Although gable boxes are often seen in the food industry, there has been a growing demand for versatile packaging boxes in many markets. Gable boxes are now being used for several types of retail packaging. At Printex Transparent Packaging, we can create clear gable boxes as well as paperboard gable boxes with a window that allows consumers to see the contents of the box. These boxes can be constructed with sustainable materials such as our Eco-PET series, which is made from 100% post-consumer recycled PET.
Features of Gable Boxes
Gable boxes have various features that make them ideal for a wide variety of applications. Their key features include:
- Versatility. Gable boxes typically feature a handle, combining the benefits of both a bag and a box.
- Usage. Gable boxes work with many products, including food items in restaurants and delis, gifts, toys, health and beauty products, pharmaceutical products, gift packaging, wine, and spirits.
- Size. Gable box designs can accommodate products of various sizes and shapes.
- Printing Options. You can print on clear plastic or paperboard gable boxes using either full color off-set printing, silk screen printing, detail print with embossing, and hot or cold foil stamping.
- Convenience. All gable boxes ship flat and are packaged to take up less space in storage. When they are ready for use, they can be quickly and easily assembled.
Custom Gable Boxes from Printex Transparent Packaging
Gable boxes provide a versatile and convenient packaging solution for a wide variety of products. For top-quality custom gable boxes, including colored and clear plastic gable boxes, or paperboard gable boxes with windows, turn to the experts at Printex Transparent Packaging. Our capabilities allow us to design and manufacture custom gable boxes that meet your particular needs for branding, functionality, and sustainability.
For more information about our gable box capabilities, contact us or request a quote today.